- The immune boosting superfood green smoothie is vegan, gluten-free and paleo
- It’s packed full of fiber and hydrating greens
- A great way to add vitamins, minerals, iron, and phytonutrients into your diet
This immune boosting superfood green smoothie is easy, delicious, and so nourishing. Packed with fiber, hydrating greens, and 12 different superfoods to help you get your daily glow on!
Just like our antioxidant berry beet smoothie and high protein green smoothie, this immune-boosting superfood green smoothie is one of our go-to smoothie recipes to enjoy in the morning. Starting your day off with this glowing green elixir is a sure-fire way to boost your energy, focus, productivity and nourish your body from the inside out!
Tips for Making the Best Green Smoothie
Many people avoid green smoothies because they are intimidated by the flavour - will it taste earthy and unappetizing? Absolutely not! We like to add in lots of yummy ingredients that add a tropical and refreshing flavour - making it so easy to get your greens in and enjoy them in the process. Here are our tips for making a yummy green smoothie:
- Use a high-speed blender if possible - chunky smoothies are not the tastiest
- Layer the spinach or any greens you are using in the bottom of the blender first - this will allow them to be mixed in even better
- Add a juicy and sweet tropical fruit - for this smoothie we opted for mango, but you could swap for pineapple or add both!
- Use coconut milk or your favourite nut milk
- In the wintertime, adding ginger (along with the other warming spices found in daily nourish) will help to “warm” up your smoothie and make it more appetizing on those cold snowy days
Almond Butter - Our single-ingredient almond butter is made with organic dry-roasted almonds that are high in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. Almonds are rich in healthy fats - in particular, ALA omega 3 fats - hello brain food! Almonds are also high in Vitamin E - which is a fat-soluble vitamin responsible for fighting free radicals and helping to repair damaged skin.
Greens - Spinach, celery, and cucumber are the greens we used in this smoothie to add lots of fiber, water, phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals! Spinach is high in iron, folate, and vitamin C. Celery is an excellent source of vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that helps to scavenge free radicals and prevent oxidation in the body (key for anti-aging)! Cucumbers are the “water vegetable” - as they are made up of 96% water. But, they also contain phytonutrients (beneficial plant compounds) such as triterpenes and flavonoids.
Ginger - The bioactive component in ginger that provides many of it’s health benefits is called gingerol. Gingerol also has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Adding ginger into your diet can help to reduce inflammation and is especially helpful for calming digestion, and reducing menstrual pain!
Are You Getting Enough Fiber?
Did you know that adults need 25-38 g of fiber per day (females 25 g; males 38 g), but our actual intake is typically much lower - usually around 15-20 g daily?
High dietary fibre intake is associated with:
- Lowered risk of heart disease
- Slowed gastric emptying; therefore prolonging feelings of fulness
- Fermentable fiber promotes the development of beneficial microflora in the gut
- Resulting in beneficial impacts on inflammation, obesity, blood sugar balance and diabetes
Learn more about the health benefits of fiber here!
All of these benefits are in addition to the powerhouse superfood blend we’re adding - daily nourish. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients in daily nourish, and how it helps to support and nourish your body from the inside out.
This combination of 12 nutrient-dense superfoods is formulated to boost your energy, immunity, and overall health, daily. Rich in antioxidants, protein, Omegas 3 and 6, and so much more, this blend is made from absorbable organic ingredients to make you feel your best.
With 10 g of plant-based protein per serving, 11 g of fiber, and 10 g of healthy fats, it’s a great addition to any smoothie. No need to scoop out multiple superfood powders into your smoothie - instead we’ve combined all of the best into one convenient jar